- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Thursday, December 30, 2004

contemplation

just a few of my thoughts...

I am sorry if I did cause some concern among certain quarters. To those in the know, I'd like to say that what happened was a highly personal issue and no one else influenced me in my decision. I do not intend to drag anyone else into this non-starter of an issue, and also am not going to be bothered whether anyone should defend me at all. So do not assume that I have anyone else's support. I don't. But it's not my concern either.

I believe that, despite all the considerations I took pains to bring on board, I still ended up sounding rather insensitive. Sorry.*

Sometimes it’s just too easy to assume that someone hasn’t taken everything into account before making a decision. If only further thought had been given… It is also not in my nature to start berating others in the heat of the moment. But what might be construed as a “bargain” only goes as far as the interpretation of the agreement, and this definitely doesn’t always tally on both sides. Well it takes two hands to clap. Although I am a man of my word, I do not appreciate my words being taken out of context. There is a line between interpreted meanings and actual words. In terms of actual words, I am mindful of them and carefully choose my words. These meanings can be taken to end there, without extended connotations. So naturally I am surprised to be questioned over an issue which was supposed to have been clarified. To expand on it, there is also an issue of being reasonable or demanding. Various issues do border on demand rather than reasonability, and those might be some that clash with that notion.

I have mentioned this before. You can't please everyone. But on a similar front, I think there were wise words I received from a friend, and I appreciate the wide breadth of that opinion. It was not a narrow-minded view that restricted itself to a single cause. A pity there wasn't any time to discuss further.

Well, in any case, the issue is cleared up already. This chapter is now closed.

I do think I have been grossly misunderstood. It is too easy to offend others; too easy to consider your own opinions, so I always try hard to consider everything. But it’s a tough job. People are human too, and humans have their own quirks and characters. Sometimes in the end when it comes back to me I’ll just have to take it on the cheek. And it's not their fault that they don't understand, so I won't blame them. I'll just have to wallow in my own melancholy.

我可能还不够成熟、理智。若是这样, 真的很抱歉。

*This apology is also directed to some people whom I probably offended but who don't exactly know about this situation too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home