Latest from me... politics aside!
So far I have gone cherry/strawberry picking again, traversed the country to Leeds, Snowdonia (north Wales), returned to beautiful Tenby (west Wales), and gone back to Edinburgh where I completed some long-standing unfinished business (leaving one more major thing still to do in Edinburgh).
Most exciting must have been the Edinburgh festivals - I went chiefly for the International Festival and the Fringe Festival. I'd been plotting this for 3 years... also finished scaling Arthur's Seat - this one has been pending for 5 years! Edinburgh is such a charming and beautiful city, it always gives you this sense of disarmament, especially when up on the hills within Holyrood Park and with the wind embracing you from all sides. Edfringe was brilliant; the free comedies were mostly of a very high standard, and there was so much culture oozing out of the place I could have stayed there a week and still not got enough. Will have to go for another festival next time, and maybe even a music festival (like Glastonbury) would be a great experience!
Tried to arrange kayaking last weekend but didn't get the numbers, and river levels were too high for safe rental of boats. Maybe postpone to this weekend - I need to grab the guys again. Also was quite serious about going for the 10km charity run, but after Alan pulled out (could not reschedule prior appointment) I decided to become lazy instead. I could always run 10km on my own - it would have been great to take part in the charity run, but perhaps next time. But next time I will plan better and actually do it!
Badminton season is about to hot up - first matches I hear are a few weeks away. Need to step back into gear again very soon, with a stronger lineup this year as well. I hope we do justice to ourselves and achieve a creditable finish come May 2010!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home