- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Seven Days of Christmas.

This year my christmas has been decidedly white (although the rain today has washed away some of the snow).

Day 1: 25th Dec. We'd spent the previous night playing games. I'd brought my new flipper game Pictureka along to Wai Khin's place. Went out to explore the canals and play some snowsports. Like snowballing and walking on thin ice!

Day 2: Boxing Day. The plan was to go out and do a bit of shopping. I hadn't had much to buy... checked out TK Maxx (deals weren't that many in abundance) before going for an xmas dim sum lunch at China Court. Food was of an okay standard but it wasn't much to crow about. We looked at a few clothes stores before stopping at Clarks. I'd never bought anything from Clarks before, but I know of its reputation for sturdy shoes. Having broken the thin wooden sole support of my previous stylish pair (it's got a nice soft brown leather!) I decided I needed a pair I could walk a lot in but was also presentable with my suit. Plus I was short of a pair of black leather shoes anyway. Saw a decent deal on a pair and decided to buy it. That's my xmas shopping done!

Day 3: Bank Holiday (in lieu of xmas day, Monday) Had meant to make this week off work a pseudo working week.... so that I could get my own assignments etc done. As it so often turns out, the anticipated 8-ish am start vapourised and in its place descended a 2pm slow crawl out of bed. Things weren't helped by the lack of decent central heating as there had been an issue with the heating provision for the entire block of flats.

Had to water down my superlative plans in light of the late start. Hence I will be hoping to transfer all my recent pictures out and get some of them organised. Also hoping to udertake a general clear-up of the junk in my room.

Day 4: Bank Holiday (in lieu of boxing day, Tuesday) Planning to begin with the unfinished assignment re-submission for the Diploma and then look into the new assignment. Let's see how far I get.

Day 5: Off work (Wednesday) Looking into some work that I need to do for my project and my Masters. Most likely looking into modules for next semester, compiling my research progress and doing up a Gantt chart for my project tracking. Plus I need to compile a list of Additions, Deletions and Achievements for my project.

Evening will be taken up by a steamboat, possibly at Red & Hot (红满天)...

Day 6: Off work (Thursday) More work, but this time with a strong focus on getting university work done. Planning to start on listening to the online lectures for RMC2, and exploring in a bit more detail what the assigment(s) for this module is about!

Day 7: New Year's Eve. Off work (Friday). No major plans as yet, tentatively allowing my time to be absorbed by more online lectures (I have around ten 2-hour lectures to get through).

Evening I will be planning to head out to Centenary Square and huddle in the cold with friends for what has been promised as a fireworks extravaganza (my own paraphrasing) to usher in the new year.

***
Other random stuff - wrap xmas presents. Install printer on work laptop and hope the printer still works (it doesn't with my Windows Vista,,, but I blame Microsoft!) Look into travelling plans, intra-uk and extra-uk [chinese new year].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home