Bend It Like Beckham?
I had porridge the whole day. The story begins as follows: I was gonna make lunch. I used Ho Fung's rice cooker and put in 4 cups of rice, but the cover was missing and I onl remembered to find it after a while. So the rice ended up a little hard on the inside and I had to add water. The problem is, I added hot water, and his intelligent pot decided the rice was cooked. I then had to manually "force-cook" the rice by keeping the button depressed with a plug. I asked him to check on the rice as I was going downstairs to do my laundry. Unfortunately, on my return I smelt something untoward... the rice had begun to burn out at the bottom! I berated him cheekily for not attending to the rice ("I checked on it, but there was water on the top." -yeah, but the heat is coming from the bottom!). So I had to transfer the rice to the cooking pot and dish up some porridge myself. It came out good though. And Gaille got to sample it too! With a tripartite platter of eggs: century egg, salted duck egg and the regular chicken egg.
I also watched Bend It Like Beckham over dinner. Not bad, now it has got me interested to catch Bride and Prejudice, also by the same director. Oh, those mosquito bites!* The "Irish" guy also looks quite fit (now don't get the wrong idea!!)..
I also just found out I won something in the Nestle Incredibles promotion. It's supposedly an FM radio. Well, better than nothing!!
*...or juicy mangoes??


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home