Queen? Blur............................
Had a game of snooker with Roger. Actually four hours. First game was crap; I gave it up early on cos I was cueing the ball like I make three-pointers in basketball**. The second was surpringly easy, with Roger missing many angles. The 3rd and 4th games were extremely close affairs. We got to the last ball to settle our scores, with him taking the 3rd game and me going up on the 4th. The last game was particularly exciting. After a few mistakes, I clawed back to almost even the points, and then took the pink ball to lead by one. If he had pocketed either the second last or the final ball I'd have lost. This was good revenge for the 3rd game when I gave it to him on a silver platter since I miscued slightly and left the black ball at the entrance of the pocket....
Met Aaron today who came up to Leicester to get a makan session in with us "old friends". Also took Deng Hui and Huihui to Tai Fat Co, the chinese shop quite far away in town where I got myself a box of the very tasty wanton noodles, and lots of delicacies. Gonna be looking forward to the lotus seed paste bun (莲蓉包)! And then I got walnut paste too, reminds me of the holiday I had in Hongkong. One piece of bad news: Ho Fung's 200G harddisk has decided to sputter when I remembered to get my HK pics from him! I will have to wait longer then for my pictures...
Thinking of making good food, and having good times, and also doing some good to my project...
Now go and study, and good luck in your exams..........
* FORmula TRANslator. A very old programming language used for scientific purposes, developed in the fifties and sixties.
** I don't play basketball, and my highest-scoring game (like 15 mins) was 6 points. Never done a 3-pointer in my life.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home