- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekly Roundup

Last week we had a problem in the line and I ended up staying till 9pm on 3 nights.. unfortunately it hasn't been solved yet......
I really need to get up to speed on the entire process flow, and have all the electronic knowledge distilled into my brain quickly.... absorb only the important bits.. Because without that knowledge I won't be able to contribute anything really significant.
Unfortunately it doesn't happen this way; people work for years and years and I hope to learn it in a matter of months. Not to say I am not confident of doing that, but there are many practical difficulties, the most teasing of which is time. And then how much this sponge in my little skull can take before the water just skims off the surface (and becomes flash floods).
I have not accomplished the things I had wanted to, not that I really had many expectations coming into this, but in my opinion there are many parts of my performance that's just incompetent.
Oh and I received a "Reward & Recognition" in the last quarter for my ongoing work at managing all the new products introduced. Not sure how much it is... but it has a little cash component associated with it! I was caught entirely unawares... how can that work be classified as anything major? It must have something to do with their new Management Training Course that the middle and senior managers are taking.... positive man management!
Maybe someone tipped them off about what I had been considering all along.....
Makes me feel like being an integral part of the team. It could be just a small encouragement (or gimmick!)... but in the grand scheme of things it couldn't possibly change the big picture, could it? I might yet surprise myself again.

Sorry, jmct, this is the best I can do right now..
Who ask you never comment??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home