- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Friday, October 23, 2009

getting loads of badminton

On the badminton front I have been doing okay recently. This season has seen an explosive start after I stuttered into the season with a wrist injury freakly caused by repetitive gardening work.

We turned a small corner after losing our first games when we beat Arches 5-4 with a gallant fight. That was a great result considering our injury setbacks on the day and considering we had lost two nights previously at home when we only won 1 out of 5 matches that went to rubber sets.

Yesterday I played my first mixed game in the league... and duly lost. Although we gave a good fight! We lost like 16-21, 21-16, 13-21 to their thirds (the old guy was quite good) and then 16-21, 17-21 t their firsts, which we really should have at least taken them to three. Walked over the injured 2nd pair but we still lost 4-5 overall.

I have been called up for the next two Mixed B games as well, so am well thrilled at the moment. Mens B's next game is early november so I will be picking the team next week. Also got called up for the A team last week to stand in, and in a harsh environment we gave them a bit of a fight....
I am starting to develop a bit of strategy as well for my doubles game - I need to do so to ensure my partner can work well with me.

Very excited to be playing in more games this year.... and then I will surely improve!
This year I believe I will really start to get into the groove of some higher level badminton. I am already planning to go on time for Cardiff Uni's sunday slots (where practically no one turns up) and practise with Kok Kian for at least half an hour first (training) before we play any games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home