- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Saturday, July 03, 2004

~Hotel Paper~

Met up with Kuan Min in Toa Payoh today. Just walked ard aimlessly and looking to see if I had anything to buy. Had a good discussion during our break about the state of everything, from current world affairs to overseas study etc, while swallowing some not-too-impressive durian ice kachang. The durian was too sweet and red beans too hard. Ugh.. Did not manage to buy anything until the last stop. We still had time to shop around so I wandered into TS Video and had a look to see if they had the last Evangelion movie: The End of Evangelion. In the end I bought Michelle Branch: Hotel Paper for $9.90. Cos they "illegally" sold the cd... it's meant for the Chinese market and even has a translation of the lyrics!

Came back to a dinner of bak chang (yes, 粽子 again). But my "Aunt" Wan came around too and she had brought us roast duck from Crystal Jade*. However the duck had become cold and what's worse was that it was really too fatty... lots of saturated fat lying around. I easily scraped the skin off the layer of blubber beneath... mebbe it isn't local duck haha.. if not it must have died of heatstroke in these warm waters! Not a really mouth-watering introduction to the culinary prowess of Cyrstal Jade...

Watched The Eye (见鬼) on tv just now. Not that scary.. but then I was watching it for the Malaysian lass ~ Angelica Lee (李心洁). Will be watching Asterix & Obelix with Kevin K tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Current Song: Where Are You Now? (Michelle Branch "Hotel Paper -track 10-")

The title of this post has relevance to my day too. I had to use some of those (albeit in a library) when I ran into some unfortunate stomach trouble... must have been the delicious but expiring-today mayonnaise I ate for lunch...

*For those not in the know, it's a very famous chinese restaurant in Singapore. I haven't dined there yet though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home