- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Sunday, June 27, 2004

First time out in Orchard for 9 mths

Friday 25th June

This was the first time I was going to Orchard (Singapore's premier shopping district) after a lapse of at least 9 months. Wonder what had changed...

I was supposed to meet Ho-Fung's friend, Louisa, who is in Singapore for an attachment, for dinner. I had originally wanted to go early to Orchard and hop into HMV and catch up on the music scene, but in the end it took me too much time just going online before I left the house.

I reached Somerset MRT on time, but couldn't spot her so I had to give her a call from a payphone. She was decked out in a pink top and.. some dark-coloured jeans (oops.. memory is failing me!! Help!!) Anyway I had wanted to take her to Marche's for dinner, but there were too many people waiting so off we went to Takashimaya instead. As it was a Friday night, there were people everywhere (knowing Orchard) so I decided on a slightly less 'hip' location: Centrepoint. At least we would not have to wait..

We settled on Parkway Thai Restaurant and almost immediately were found seats. After a period of silent pondering and discussion, we ordered assam fish, satay chicken and thai kai lan. As it turned out, the assam fish was a little under-spiced, and the thai kai lan tasted like any other that's not from Thailand. That chicken satay was delicious, especially when dipped into the delectably sweet and tasty satay sauce. I figured that the fish was sea bass (金目芦), but that's not confirmed to be correct. But it should be lah.

After dinner was a short stroll to Plaza Singapura and then wandering aimlessly towards Park Mall.. but it was getting rather late already, so she called her friends to see where they were. Met them to... Maybe I'll see them for cycling at East Coast Park or Pulau Ubin (yar.. fat hope) or Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home