fab four
#1
I watched Cinderella performed by the Moscow City Ballet & Orchestra troupe at DeMontfort Hall last night. The musical score was Prokofiev's composition. It's the first ballet performmance I have attended (bet u can't believe this). I think I do have quite a lot of lost ground to make up.. but anyway, yeah, besides watching my own dancemates in action last time, I haven't really seen any like this before. So, not much comment on the technical ability, except I was going "tsktsktsk" on a few occasions, and once "wah lan eh" once when the ballerina*, bent, balanced finely on one side on the danseur** knee/thigh and lifted both her legs gracefully. All that just with the guy holding her hand-in-hand.

I recall my most difficult move, what we called the "fish dive". She does an arabesque towards the right. You take her extended right arm with your right hand, and wrap your left arm around her waist so your entire forearm can lift her up just under her stomach. It is painful for her, but these expert dancers can tahan such things. The main problem is because you have to support her stomach instead of the usual waist (sides) only. As you lift her (most work is done by your left hand..the right hand just stabilises her position and affords you some control), she points her supporting leg. You then bend your thighs towards the right, (left thigh relatively straight) so you slant to one side, and she reaches out for the floor (without touching it!), and takes her trailing leg up as you bend. As you do that, you are actually lowering her, sort of like head-first, towards the ground. Then you bring her up and back into position. Very good for your thigh muscles. No kidding.
Feels good thinking I'd be able to do it again. Will I?
#2
Went back home to my corridor where they have discovered some mice. Seems like it's in the kitchen, living in the boardings behind the cupboards where the pipes etc.. Rather long story, so I shall dispense with it. Pests exist everywhere, but what makes it unacceptable is that the kitchen is where we cook and store our food. The site office has promised to clear it up. I hope it gets done quickly.
#3
Results came out today. I got mostly what I had expected to get. Nothing fantastic. As I mentioned to Ben earlier, "You get what you put in." He was in total agreement. And I am proud (sad) to say that I have achieved as much as I had expected to given the circumstances surrounding the state of my preparation. Unfortunately, Embedded missed the cut-off for 2.1 which I was hoping (rather fervently) for. By 0.1 mark. I think I am going to appeal.
#4
Received this email right after obtaining my results. It made me smile. Seems like some hard work had finally paid off, even if I may fall flat at the very next hurdle. I have been selected to proceed for a telephone interview for the ICI summer internship I have applied for. It pays to follow up on your application.
I just penned some impromptu thoughts in quick succession while chatting. Haven't worked my mind so quickly in ages! Hopefully they sound coherent enough hahaha... and that woke me up. Thx..
* male lead
** female lead


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home