fireworks + the chicken debate
Welcome to 2006, 5 years after the passing of the much-feared "Millennium-bugged" year.
No, I am not going to have any of that new year resolutions or any fanciful or new-fangled plans. I am going to keep working at my uni work, get my life sorted out, do the things I have always wanted....
One of my best mates in 1999, Aidyl, is migrating at the end of the month... good luck to him.
This took me a while, but it came in the end...:
"When the egg yolk is mature, it leaves the ovary, and within 20 minutes it is captured by the infundibulum, the first part of the oviduct. Here fertilization takes place. Following mating, sperm enter the hen's oviduct and are stored within sperm storage glands. Only sperm that can swim will enter these sperm storage sites. These glands can store more than half a million sperm. Sperm can remain alive in these glands and fertilize eggs for up to 3 weeks."
from http://www.msstate.edu/dept/poultry/pubs/is1610.htm
So I am correct.
(background)
In one of my long-and-almost-forgotten debates I remember someone tried to strenuously overrule me on the topic of fertilisation of the ovum in hens. I said that the rooster did not have to be physically there prior to egg-laying to fertilise the egg as the hen could store sperms, but I did not get a single ounce of agreement or even respect from this person I won't even regard as a contemporary.
Ahh, it feels so good to be vindicated. That's one thing left over from last year I got done.


1 Comments:
Hello Chee Seng! Happy New Year! Erm, I think all the venues are good lah. The nearest to me are Berlin and Leipzig though...I think they renovated all the stadiums that aren't too new. But Munich, Dortmund and Berlina are the 3 biggest stadiums...up to you! :) Good luck in getting a ticket! :) Sam
By
Samantha, at 6:27 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home