- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Friday, January 06, 2006

Marathon badminton

Played with Roger-the-Dodger till kingdom come. Came. Whatever. We had 10 sets of singles, and played till all the feather shuttles died. Then we picked up a few from the ground and used them selectively for a few rallies before we finished 8 games, 4-4. The last 2 sets were played with plastics and it went one apiece so the total was 5-5, in 3.5 hours (with rest time included). But it was at most a 2, 3 mins break before the next set was started. I find that I need a bit of time to find my footing and normally am not able to get the first few points. I even had a 10-0 lead squandered by lousy badminton and concentration, much like Lin Dan in last year's Malaysian Open final loss to Lee Chong Wei (yay!)

Need much more consistency. I also realised that plastics actually felt very light to the touch after playing with those damned feathers.

After putting away the swathe of feathers and our final plastics, we proceeded to keep our rackets.

Then Roger found an extra small tube of feathers in his bag.

2 Comments:

  • you've been tagged. read my blog for the rules of this "weird" game!

    cyn mei mei =p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 pm  

  • ooh damn... just when I have lots of project to do and exams in a week!

    By Blogger cheez~, at 4:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home