danke schön
Last week I broke my Yonex BG66 strings (Yonex Muscle Power 28) in warm-up when Himanshu joined us for the first time in months. He still has the strokes to yearn for. This week I broke the strings (Sotx) on the Karakal SL-70 given by Paul to Ho Fung to me, which I won't even bother restringing cos the racket looks like it will break under tension when restrung... especially with the crack on the inside at the top of the frame. I am waiting for my Yonex to be restrung by the Yonex BG65 string I brought a year ago from home, but my "usual stringer" is on holiday at the moment and won't be back till dunno-when. Which means the racket I found at home, a modest Yonex Isometric (but still one-piece yeah) will mopst likely become my primary racket for a while. This heightens my desire for a new 4U racket (<85 grams frame weight) but I shall decide on it soon. I might be able to entertain a small business proposition of mine while working on this so I might reap more than I initially thought!
I had wanted the Forza but unfortunately it's not on sale at that price now (and the racket is missing already too!) so I probably will have to settle for a Wilson. Or else a cheaper Browning with no proper known specs.
Will be thinking of slinking down to London this coming week a bit for some proper business, hopefully mixed with the pleasure of meeting some friends too. Will see about that. I don't think I will have that much time left to get my things done though.
Thanks to everyone who has made my birthday special!!! Though I must say in conclusion that Greek food is not going to be the highest on my palate. I got a few useful gifts, not least a proper leather document bag from Deng Hui!!! Now I can look like a professional haha.... just in time!
We also had a cooking session with Zhang Yi, Zhongming, Pom and Celine, culminating in a few games of snooker and pool at Riley's.
And Roger still owes me a treat...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home