- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Saturday, March 25, 2006

伦敦

Dear all,

Well I am off to London for the Malaysia Careers Fair at UCL... and 顺便 will do some shopping@Piccadilly Circus. I will also be having dinner at Four Seasons, one of the most highly-recommended duck-serving restaurants in London. I had the "honour" of eating there last time but I must agree it was quite a good experience. Their ducks are mou "duck" ding!!! <== part of a longstanding personal joke =P

My body is aching right now cos I stayed off badminton for almost 2 weeks (hell of a long time I tell you) and was completely worked up on Thurs. I had a "smashing good time"* and really did smash quite well. I found that my court-travelling has been getting better, going from left to right at the back court. Playing mixed against 2 guys, we still managed 13 each set (still the old format). And the clincher came later: after playing a total of 6 sets, I took on Roger again for some singles and came out 15-8 winner. After losing the next set 13-15, we each had a 21-point game with Shuwen, interspersed with me winning a spectacular game 15-12, clawing my way back from 2-11 down (hehe! I was lazy), with 7 straight points...before going for one more set at the end which I lost (12). So I think I am in good shape and probably I can be in top form by not playing so much badminton??!

Easter holidays are round the corner so there will be a bit more time to indulge in stuff like this, plus many others....

And my project is almost done, short of the extra modifications and the formal report-writing. My supervisor has been quite happy with my program since everything works to the agreed specifications. Hopefully I can explain the algorithm of his sync program properly when the time comes. Perhaps the wavelet transform can help???

Okay, 4 and a half hours left to boarding the coach (6.05am!). I shall pack my bags, grab my suit and catch 38 winks!!

Sekian, terima kasih.

* the quote on the Badminton Club t-shirt I designed last year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home