ALIVE-lines!
There were lots of deadlines* for yesterday (end of March) so it was a rather busy day churning out cover letter after cover letter. However I must say it was quite an achievement to have submitted 11 applications over the 2 days, not including those I called and found out that they did not welcome my application. But it's just beating the deadline and in many cases the companies already have shortlisted some people so I am more like scraping for the remaining places. Which is so not how it should be done.
It's been a year since that night in March on Dixon Drive. Last night I had the most wantans I had in one meal since coming to the UK. Deng Hui and I made them, and I also came out with a variation of mashed potato, this time with bacon bits. Oh, and for the first time, I bought watermelon in UK... though it was quite ripe and was not too nice... but then again I haven't been a great fan of the tembikai.
Holidays have supposedly started but I am nowhere near taking a break. I have 2 presentations to brainstorm about for next Wed and Thurs and will have my hands full, especially with me wanting to be on top of all the work and PhD applications. Obviously, not forgetting to study and do my assignments.
Okay, back to my Japan application!
* if it was Chinese New Year period we would've said "alivelines" or something eh???


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home