- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Locked Out

(last week)

So I locked myself out of the room again. And the landlord had brilliantly (and with perfect timing) misplaced his keys.

It was 10.00pm.

A bit of quick-thinking ensued.

I asked him for a ladder, which he said was downstairs. I could climb in.

I called Matthew to inform him I had no keys, to lock the door, and to be ready fo me when I returned from the coach station with Deng Hui in tow.

After being let in, I got down to work immediately. Took the ladder out, got Matthew to open the back door and lend me a torch, then surveyed the window. Thankfully I had the fortune to have left my window unlocked (if it's fully shut then a catch automatically locks it), just slightly ajar.

The coast was clear for me to break in.

Up the flimsy not-very-high-ladder, onto the roof, and I spread my weight out carefully just in case the rickety house decided to play a few back-breaking tricks. I was well-dressed -- Brooks shoes, jacket and track pants. I reached my window in no time and opened it. I was gonna climb in awkwardly (cos it's quite high) but decided to open the larger (and lower) window pane just beside.

Voila, I slipped back into my room in no time, picked up my keys and exited the normal way.

No door was harmed in the process.

5 Comments:

  • Just wondering why your landlord has such perfect timing....... =P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 am  

  • that's an adventure!

    By Blogger Dee, at 9:14 am  

  • Chee Seng, you won't believe it. I locked myself out of my own laptop. Just got it fixed and so must change password. Changed it and later at night, I completely forgot the word. Damn screwed.. Axams around the corner for me. Wish me luck ;P

    By Blogger Khπirunie, at 9:06 am  

  • How come I cannot post comments on your page???
    Anyway, yeah, good luck!!!!!!!

    By Blogger cheez~, at 6:58 pm  

  • Oh, you can't la cos of my personalised layout. Haha!! Email me lor... I'll tweak it here and there so that you can leave comments, ya? haha!!

    By Blogger Khπirunie, at 10:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home