Twei Hundert und Sieben
In the meantime Christmas has passed, I went to Liverpool (but not Anfield), Birmingham for shopping (hello 2 jackets), and ushered in the New Year with numerous others as we jammed the streets of London. Watching the fireworks near the London Eye was quite an experience, and the way we clogged up the roads and how traffic stopped reminded me of the Orange advertisement before a movie starts... a short film depicting the time when America had a power cut and everything came ot a standstill... except pple of course, in the dark... and then at the end of that trailer they ask you to turn your phone off.
Liverpool, the 2008 European Cultural City, with a load of World Heritage-listed buildings and famous for the namesake of the small buggy Volkswagen, certainly has a lot to offer. There was plenty to shop around, and the hostel was very good indeed, situated near the river and near the docks (world heritage listed). Majestic buildings abound, especially the 3 Graces, (most importantly) Liver Building. The famous Cunard Line also has a large building fronting the River Mersey.
That is not all.
I was off on leave from 21st December till 2nd Jan, and was back catching 400 winks in good old Leicester. Played snooker, had another great battle (though rusty) with Roger at badminton too, and otherwise wasted (I prefer the word "spent") my time one way or the other.
02/01/07 I moved into my Cardiff place after work, completing my formal transitino from England to Wales. This new place is, really, quite fantastic, and I am very happy to be here! Only problem is the internet took ages to set up. I am still taking my time to unpack and clean up some parts of the house, but things are certainly looking up.
Good luck to you too, this year...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home