- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Monday, August 13, 2007

thequickbrownfoxjumpsoverthe..

Sorry to my (few) readers, the updates have been "few and far between", but hopefully still worth the wait! I think point form serves us better in such cases so that I can link up otherwise disjointed incidents... Not in chronological order.
1) The Recognition Award from my company turned out to be £100, which I chose to take in shopping vouchers so that I avoid the taxman. Hooray!!!
2) Played Metro.co.uk's Fantasy Football. Unfortunately I joined too late and couldn't accrue points for the first day of English Premier League matches... and lost quite a number of points in the process! Forced to alter my team slightly, but I will be back with a vengeance. The replacement I made scored a goal. (Basically this game rewards players who do well in real life with points in this Fantasy league, esp. those who score goals. The team with the highest points at the end of the season wins 15000 grand for the owner but it's fun even if I don't win.)
3) I finally went to restring my Yonex MusclePower28 after waiting at least 2 months. I think it only lasted till April/May since I had it restrung in Feb. in Johor. The guy at the shop said that with the small crack in the frame he wouldn't recommend restringing so this is the perfect excuse for me to buy a new racket! At the moment I am on to my backup Wilson V14 but the string's starting to fray too. Now I am banking on a good purchase in Singapore and then Joanne who will kindly bring it back for me.
4) Since I am on the topic... Badminton shoes. There's now a small hole in the upper surface of my right shoe, near the little toe. Another excuse to look at a new pair of shoes (which would be the first pair of badminton shoes I buy for myself actually. This Yonex courtesy of Jackie.)
5) Joining a club. I am going to try hard to get into the local badminton league, and that means committing to a club. I am quite optimistic the committee will elect to admit me into their membership this season but for now it looks like my only hope already. Season starts end Sept.
6) Got my new bank account sorted. Now I have a Visa debit card (wah).
7) Recent Royal Mail strikes have left me having to request a new bill from Three so that I can submit my cashback claim. Unfortunately I needed to use a bit more cunning to make the bill look like the original (reprinted bills always look different). Too tedious to elaborate.
8) Quite a few friends have graduated this year. Good luck to you all on your entrance to the world of toil and turmoil. You will come to appreciate Labour Day very much, I believe (N.B. there's no such holiday in the UK!)
9) The big Sainsbury's at Colchester Avenue sells Choi Sum!!!!!!!!!
10) Made soup on Sunday night with ribs, potato, tomato. I still need to work hard to get rid of the sack of potatoes I bought.
11) Dan's leaving meant I had some real ale in Newport last Friday night. And I meant to go for some dim sum in Cardiff on Sunday but Kaen & Yvonne were busy packing. They too are going home. Leaving do next Saturday at Tiger Tiger.
12) Recent Sport & Social Club events: Go-Karting, 7th Sept. Wales v Germany, Millennium Stadium, 8th Sept. Go Wales go (too bad Ryan Giggs had retired - I could have watched [in the stadium] his last match against Czech Republic but I was away that weekend).
13) It is time to get my driving licence done.
14) Got to put my foot down in a lot of things. Starting with cutting out the blatant time-wasting. Set myself some goals maybe. Seek a career with a definite target. Grr. Come on, world. Show me what ya got.
15) Signing off, enough said.

1 Comments:

  • Whoa very eventful. The post service's on strike? Well, good thing I kept forgetting to go out and get you a card so I haven't sent my photo yet. :P

    If you're talking about 300+ pounds, you can top up a bit and get a decent DSLR here. But if you want compact cameras... you gotta ask Chi Chang. XD I recently got a Sony Cybershot at 600 and it works so-so only. But it was sure pretty (it's a girl thing, so you prob won't understand. :P).

    By Blogger Hoshi, at 6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home