- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Sick!!!

Wah lau. Kena flu. And fever which comes on and off.
On Monday I first encountered the irritating nose which keeps on trying to outrun Tim Montgomery's 9.78s. And I even went to watch 'The Return' at night with Jon Fok, Jenny, Shihui and Aaron. It's a Russian movie, about a father who returns to his children after 12 years. Poignant and with strong characterisation, the reviewer in Life! gave it a full 5 stars. So I kinda had to watch it for myself what the fuss is about. A real pity that Jonathan is unable to appreciate the artsy side of films that have become so mainstream and commercial in recent years. And knowing him, I wouldn't even bother to try to knock some sense into his unyielding mind. Not worth my time, especially when I am sick. And I think I'll be watching the all-male ballet performance (Les Ballets Trockadero) when they arrive from Sept 7-11.

Yesterday had to go to the Centre cos I had to collect the script for today's National Day Celebrations since I am the mandarin MC. Left after half day cos I had to translate it, and I was already having a fever. This morning I "dragged" myself to Sunlove, but got better during the day. If not for the Celebrations I would not have got out of bed! The event was held at Pasir Ris, and I think I acquitted myself quite well, in spite of my condition. Good experience being an emcee, but never did I imagine that I'd be speaking in Chinese since the last time I spoke publicly (which was the Student Council election speech in JC). Now I am taking the day off tomorrow.

Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home