Played football at Katong again today. Not really advisable as I had only recovered from fever 2 days ago. Bloody hot... I took off my t-shirt halfway through it. And I coughed all the way throughout the game. Couldn't even muster very strong running for more than one burst down the field. And we were 3. On 4. But well I did play! Even Marcus described my performance today as of a "star player". I didn't feel that way as I couldn't even run properly, but he pointed out that my passes always found the man. Hmm.. nice observation. Quite true, even when I failed to hit the ball nicely when I slid to cross, the ball rolled directly to him... And the turning point came when I cleared a shot by Jon Lim. He struck it low, and I slid to the right to flick the ball over the goal. Excellent, even by my standards!! Cos he has a mean strike, and good accuracy too! Anyway I am just glad I marshalled the defence well today since I couldn't mount too many forays up front.
Went to Plaza Sing with Qiying, and did a complete recce of the place. Even went into Gilbert Lee*'s shop! (Info thanks to her) Then we shunned the thronging crowd and went down Orchard Road. Actually it was near Handy Rd... that old Long John Silver's, where we had our dinner. Also met Huang Chee Huat, my St John Ambulance Bridage ex-CSM (Company Sergeant Major). One year my senior. Found out he's also doing Engineering. But in NTU. Then we continued our walk. I asked her, "left or straight?" She said, "Left." So we ended up walking all the way to Little India aka SecretSociety (黑色会!!) And I set foot in Mustafa Centre after a lapse of... ... ... 6, 7 years?? Bought a LARGE canister of Planters Cheez Balls for $3.90. Shiok!!! And then we walked all the way back to Bugis mrt. Next time I must go up Fort Canning Hill.
* He's that economics teacher from NJ.. bet u didn't know he had a shop there!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home