- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Sunday, March 06, 2005

another 4 things?

Itsbeenahecticweekandwellmyweekendhasgonepastsoquicklytoo!
Had a Sports & Users Consultative Group Meeting, chaired by the Sports & Recreation Manager, with whom I had a long discussion towards the end regarding the new Sports Hall booking rules for societies. I think there’s more that needs to be done in terms of their new policy and hopefully we can continue working from there. I believe a follow-up will be in place where he will be sounded out about how the implementation of that should be done. Feels so weird when you are opposing a university policy. The task is enormous when it comes to breaking down the wall. Those days of policy implementation in Student Council were bad enough but at least they had the blessings of the school…

Friday: I didn’t leave my lab for 7 hours straight! Didn’t even go to the toilet, didn’t even have lunch, and we still couldn’t complete our assignment. There’s something wrong with the scheduler which we haven’t been able to identify, and that was stalling our program. Now that we have postponed our submission for a second week running, we have already lost 40% of the marks. It has to be good this time…

International Cultural Night. For the first time, I have participated in a University performance. I joined the Malaysian dikir barat group, but the song was familiar to me as ASEAN had used the same song last time for our college’s dance presentation at the scholars’ event in RI in 4 years ago. I’d say there was nothing too difficult about our performance and it went quite well, though some forgot their moves a little. I returned home with a slightly hoarse voice as I was singing to the songs at the after-event party (“……..and don’t look back in anger, I heard her say….”). Oh, and Ho Fung actually took to the dance floor!! Our usually immovable, stubborn clubbing jacket-guard had a few cocktails and managed to loosen up. But alas, most of our usual friends had left by then and didn’t get to witness this spectacle. Definitely once in a lifetime!

I found out I might have perfect pitch. That’s in the aftermath of watching A Night at the Musicals, a University chorale/orchestral presentation last night (hmm.. Nick got in for free!). Had quite a few friends participating in that. Ho Fung sang solo as Valjean in Les Miserables’. Probably another rare opportunity of hearing him solo. The music was not exactly enthralling, but the atmosphere picked up later in the night as a lively Umoja Gospel Choir came on, and then it went a-crescendo with the orchestra, which we successfully ‘encore’d. Our after-dinner discussion went to singing, and that’s when we tried some tunes and we found that I might actually have quite good musical sense. Maybe I shouldn’t have stopped organ that early last time. Well I still have an interest in music. And our discussion then drifted to dance and ballet (ok only Gerrie and I), us exploring and commenting on the dances we had done previously… that’s how my night flew off… Oh, Sheffield Games was supposed to be today too. Guess we’ll go next year.

Today I cleared my kitchen stuff which I had left untouched since the detection of mice. I kept my things properly, and we adjusted some kitchen arrangements too. Had wanted to call Ling but found the number was undiallable from my room phone. I have to look for another number…

1 Comments:

  • Haha... and U said somethg abt india being a british colony and stuff? Tell U, telecommunication in india... needs a lot of work.
    Nmind. thanks anyho'
    Got myself involved in orientation for welcoming the nx batch of poor souls... everythg's fine for now, i think 'cept the dance part till
    some of my ideas got stolen, manipulated n am trying to sort things out.
    Wish me luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home