Shows…
I watched the musical Jesus Christ Superstar quite a long while ago, but have always forgotten to blog about it. The presentation was of a high standard (I felt), and I was particularly impressed by the way they made use of the stage and props to set the different scenes apart. Lighting was one particular aspect which was handled with spectacular effectiveness, creating a near spectacle at the finale. For such an under-exposed man (to musicals) like me, it was breathtaking enough. And the part of King Herod was superbly-arranged! It floored the entire audience with laughter. In addition, the songs were easy on my ears… credit to Andrew Lloyd Webber… I still have a great desire to catch Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.
I went to the movies again last week. This time it was the Sydney Pollack film, The Interpreter. Quite an engaging drama, although some things were a little too improbable or unexplained. A rather gripping tale about a UN interpreter’s dark past and leaves you guessing what she could be up to, if she was. Nicole Kidman pulled it off adeptly with a portrayal of soft and hard personas at the same time, and it reminded me of Michelle Pfeiffer in Dangerous Minds. Another bittersweet story with a strong woman who could be so vulnerable too…


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home