LUMS Malaysian Night
Helped out with the clearing up, and then took back with me some kuih and bee hoon and chicken wings which I gave to Wangy, Roger, Raymond (Terence declined-you don't know what you're missing!), Deng Hui (again!), Melissa and prob Jenny who was there too. Unfortunately I've got another gripe at the food: this kuih (kuih talam if I remember correctly) was not in the correct proportion. The sweet pandan layer shd be 60% and the white glutinous rice layer should be 40% max but it's inverted! Those post-grads/Malaysian families living in/ard Leicester whom we commissioned to make the food for us stinged and gave us a 15/85 ratio! Damn... and then the hosting left more to be desired. I won't go into technical details here except to mention key points including: duration, content, interesting elements, vocabulary & grammar and effect. Not professional enough, but at least there was a start!
We are much smaller than ChiSoc but our events and success-rate is inversely proportional to their memberships. And for such a small soc like ours we now have 100 members, which is a big achievement! Other similarly small (but used to be larger than ours) societies like the Singapore Society have faltered in comparison, failing through the years to provide any substantial shareholder value to members, if at all now. We'll see when the dip bottoms out. As for LUMS, keep on flying. Higher.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home