- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Sunday, February 26, 2006

state of the union address

Just found out about the State of Emergency that the Philippines is in now... another "attempted coup". But this time it seems it's not a very advanced case and according to some news articles it might not be an entirely wise, or warranted, move.

On the project front, still not too good, not been able to finish implementing some of the aspects of the GUI.

On the work front, have made a few applications, and had one furthered BUT later rejected due to their unwillingness to apply for a work permit for me. Damn... think I better rush a few more when I still can.

On PhD applications, I have submitted one for consideration for the ORSAS (Overseas Research Scholarship Award Scheme) and we'll see how it goes. I still need to know what sort of project I will be offered etc.

On my work experience in secondary education, I am thinking of an environmental-based initiative as a secondary project in addition to the one on University Courses in Science & Engineering that I will be presenting near the end of my placement.

On the badminton front, been a bit quiet since the sick weekend at Belgium. I have laid off my racket this week in part because I want my body to take a break, and also because I have lots of other commitments anyway, and time is really easily wasted.

On health, I have not been cooking very wholesome meals recently and hopefully will have more time to do so. Other than the times I eat at Deng Hui's I don't get too much nutrition from the noodles or simple pasta with cream of mushroom etc that I prepare. At least I am not a frequent eater of processed frozen food and also eat lots of fruits...

On movies, just watched Aeonflux with Deng Hui a few hours ago. Charlize Theron was quite hot in some of her futuristic costumes (one look and you can tell she is part of the rebel faction!) but the movie failed to sizzle otherwise as the plot was a bit muddled up and the flow of logic was flawed. Couple that with unknown supporting actors and a so-so idea in the first place. I think they revealed the mastermind of the attack too early in the movie, but they did try to develop other aspects of the movie....

On time management, enough said. I will save more time by not typing anything in blogger but I shall persist as far as I can and also do less editing of the entries... grasp the seconds, first-time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home