- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

snooooker in sheff soooon!

A few links for my loyal readers....

The Chernobyl Disaster- 20 years on
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/guides/456900/456957/html/nn1page1.stm

wah lau eh this is sibeh cock!
http://www.talkingcock.com/html/article.php?sid=1931

I have been in some sort of misfortune in recent weeks. After successfully bidding for a Wilson V14 racket (4U rated), I used it yesterday and its strings broke almost immediately! With my usual racket stringer still out of the country, I decided enough was enough. Using Deng Hui's old racket I already had to realign the strings after every couple of smashes, which is a sure indication that the string is going to go soon... not that I liked the loose tension either. So, armed with Yonex BG65 Ti strings from Roger, out I went to Withers Sports in town to restring the Wilson. It costs 60% more to use that shop's services compared to my usual stringer but I can't wait..

I was in Hungerford last week, a cosy little town with stupendously large trout swimming idylly in the pristine river waters. Also was in London for a couple of days where I met up with some old college friends, having a meal at Bali Bali eating Indonesian cuisine. I also had sushi from Samurai, and played the most arcade games I have in the UK... Time Crisis 3 with Hoyin. Well it's quite hard but fun!

I will be off to Sheffield this Friday for the World Snooker Championships Semi-finals, 1st session at the Crucible... hopeful of getting to watch last year's surprise champion Shaun Murphy in action, preferably against Marco Fu, whom I watched last night on tv and who is capable of some impossible shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home