It was the famous Dumpling Festival two days ago, and I think I must make sure I learn the recipe from my mum soon... Went to buy dumplings at the Chinese shop, but was disappointed with the outcome. Sylvia did a much better job last year!! This time it sucked, with very little stuff inside besides the glutinous rice and green beans. And when I opened mine today, there was NOTHING ELSE inside, not even the few pieces of fatty pork in Deng Hui's!! I can still remember last year. There was at least a tiny little bit of salted egg and probably a few dried shrimps here and there. The taste this year is exceedingly poor, and at what exorbitant price as well! Tai Hang, you better find a way to freeze-dry some 粽子 for me!! I want the salty one...
I also started describing my newest business proposition with Roger and Deng Hui... the one about canned dumplings, and having assorted flavours for the stuffing, like bacon and egg, ham and cheese, steak and onion, chicken tikka... so, no more boring (but good) traditional salted egg or nyonya ones (yeeee) anymore... But maybe not in syrup. Salt solution. Any financers???
1 Comments:
Once again this year I missed 粽子 from my grand mom (yum...yum). Your business idea sounds nice but, sorry, I have no monies to be your financer. Hoooo!
By
Anonymous, at 1:46 am
Post a Comment
<< Home