501
Appppppologies lads for having stayed off the system for as long as I have, but that's entirely down to issues with my internet a home which have not yet been resolved. Therefore, due to a lack of time, I shall summarise again.
I got called up for another league match, played yesterday, and won all 3 games, with the hardest game being the third one. We had a scare on the second game where we took the 1st set comfortably only to make all sorts of errors as the wily old men contrived to make a comeback. However we calmed ourselves down and forced a win in the final set 21-18 although we should have won by more. I was still not well warmed up despite walking the 3km to th sports complex (in the relative cold) but I think I saved my best for last. The final match was against their top pair and boy, did we play like sh*t in the first set! Lost like 11-21 and they were pretty good but we gave away all the points with a lack of focus. So I said I'd throw caution to the wind and start smashing - if we didn't and sat back again we would just get stuck in. The pair was good - the older guy even managed a forehand-round-the body return (right hand going behind the back and taking the shuttle which is on the left side). And he CLEARED my smash! Then he gave me a backhand smash! Luckily for me I was smashing quite well - a couple of mistakes, into the net, below the net even (trying too hard), but mostly elicited a poor return which Steve despatched. Then there was this critical rally in which I smashed continuously 3 times and they gave good lifts, then I dropped a close one which was returned, then a further 3 smashes before we got the point - such excitement, and it would have been a waste if we did not convert those chances. We took the second set 21-14 or so, and going into the rubber confidence came back into our game. Going neck-and-neck we reached 11-10 first and continued the momentum. We pulled through at after going two clear at 17-15. Then I lunged forward and retrieved a steep drop, which I felt that was the turning point because it brought us to 19 points and within one point of match point.
Went to a Bhs sale event (20% off all apparel) and updated my wardrobe considerably with 2 new shirts, one pair of brown jeans, one nice t-shirt (dunno how to describe the style but I don't currently have one that looks like that), one pair of chino pants with an innovative waist-line. This consists of the normal band but with a rubberised/extendable band sewn in on both sides which allow expansion of the waist (useful after a meal!).
Now looking for leather shoes to complete my new look.
A virus has been cirulating recently and I've been hit. Got a bit of cough but my throat has been in better condition than most I would believe - still played badminton and won haha. But the coughing did get worse when I drank the sour Locozade Sport.
Trying to plan for my xmas holidays right now. Small chance I might go home.


3 Comments:
Clarks' got good shoes *kaching!*
You updating here just reminded me that I've gotta update mine too... I'll wait till the procratinating streak pass first though. Lol!
By
Hoshi, at 9:13 am
*procrastinating
Omg sudden increase in workload must have caused that typo.
By
Hoshi, at 9:13 am
Well that's apparently not the only thing wrong with your comments, but it's not an issue with me!
Yesh Clarks' quite expensive - I've had a look and designs are solid if not spectacular.
It probably wins in the comfort/durability category though.
By
cheez~, at 6:21 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home