- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Friday, August 31, 2007

Up Heav Al?

A few niggling problems at my current place has made me start surveying the area for a potentially better house to move into. I mean, these problems (mainly with my self-obsessed, unreasonable, emotional and unstable housemate) are not that major but as a decent gentleman I should not have to stand for that. So, by sending out feelers, if I realise the "market" is good then I might as well move! Of course the usual criterion is that the new place must be better than where I am now, taking into account the future housemates and their "miscibility"(my chemistry hasn't run yet). My current housemate is not a good person to stay with and I'd probably make more local friends by hanging out with some people nearer my age rather than a spinster-to-be! (Heh.)

Job-wise there's other slightly niggling problems too. Mainly the uncertainty with the future direction of the company. Recently the CEO has been forced to go on leave while an accounting scandal is investigated. It doesn't look very good. Also our resourcing is a bit thin so work is getting more tedious (and less technical). Wondering if I will develop as quickly having to do some operations job thereby limiting my time available for gainful learning and data analysis/device integration etc.
The picture sure looked considerably rosier a year ago. Now I bet you everyone thinks good ol' Section Head left at the right time.

Last weekend I got Hui some tangy zesty citrus/orange perfume, her mum a glittering gold/silver wristwatch & bracelet set, and her dad a sleek, exquisite personal organiser (with extra notepaper inserted!).
This weekend I may look at badminton shoes.
I think Mummy has managed to get me the Gosen Grapower 950Ti she talked about, and I suspect it is strung with the Yonex BG80. At 25lbs of course.
I have been looking at cameras. COMEX 2007 has started back home but I have little clue what's hot over there.
Canon IXUS 70.
Panasonic Lumix DMC FX07. LS75 (cheaper).
Sony DSC W55.
Casio Exilim EX-Z750
Pentax M40 (new)? Or maybe Samsung L83T.

Size-wise, for a camera that uses AA batteries, I think my old camera is still the best. 89x558.5x27.5, with Pentax SMC Zoom lens, 2.5in LCD and those days only cost me S$300 (albeit bought in HK). Genuine metal case too. Nowadays we get some crap plastic resin case and 6 or 7Megapixels but anything with a decent screen costs more. It seems that technology has not become cheaper for this, unless we are talking about really high-end stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home