Odds and Ends
I partnered Paul W and it was past 10.30pm. We were leading Paul and Matt (I think), the top pair, and winning. I was playing my practice shots and was a bit nonchalant about trying a couple of difficult shots. We were 20-18 up when I dropped points and it went to deuce. What ensued was the longest game I had ever played under the new scoring system. We held set point at least 3 more times after deuce but each time either lost out to some lousy shot or made a bad mistake etc... but neither could they capitalise in their (probably) 2 set points. Finally when we were down 27-28 we made a fatal error (I think it was Paul!) and went out 27-29. One more point (well, maybe two more) and the first to reach 30 points would have won.
This week at badminton:
After I put some strain on my wrist by tossing the watermelon around over the weekend, I didn't have a good night. Smashing was always into the net on the left - didn't help when I kept changing rackets. Net play is pretty decent, service is good (as Richard jnr flatteringly said, "your service is better than mine"), but my backcourt antics are grossly poor.
Happy birthday to Ho Fung!!
I'll be cherry-picking the best... cherries... this weekend. And probably some strawberries too. Court Farm (Hereford) here I come!!!!!
Now trying to plan for my next short trip - to Edinburgh for the Edinburgh Festival. I missed the Cardiff Food Festival last week.... And then Leanne asked about skiing. I might be tempted to part with 75 quid for a day's skiing lessons. Then in December I may then be compelled to part with more dosh to go for an actual ski holiday in Europe.
Oh and I am organising a pool tournament for my company - hoping there will be some genuine interest and we can then go and mint a few medals!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home