- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Paulaner Brauhaus

Had a problem with my IE and internet. Damn irritating. Keep on not being able to publish my post. Think I better try getting Netscape again since MSN Explorer can't rectify that too! And Netscape has less security flaws identified...

Had wanted to go earlier to Orchard or City Hall area to walk alone before meeting Beilin. But I had to kao tim some photos to be sent overseas to 3 friends and it took a while. In the end I left at 5pm, just in time to meet her. Unfortunately she was to be delayed and I had time on my hands. So I ventured to Gramophone and found Mono there! They perfomed Life In Mono, that effervescent song found in the Great Expectations soundtrack. Ok, it's a rather old movie, but that's another story. Bought the album on the basis of that song.

Next was Shop-In, where I found a pair of bermudas for $6.90. Will be keeping an eye on the design since I will be in JB* once again tmr. Also toured Raffles City, with shops like Royal Sporting House and Levi's. Then it was to HMV where she finally arrived.

We went to a German restaurant, Paulaner Brauhaus, at Millenia Walk. Went upstairs as the bar was on the ground floor. We settled on the Sudhaus Selection, a meat platter with duck, chicken and pork. Especially delicious were the roast pork knuckles. And the sauerkraut was interesting too. Had an in-house German beer as well, but I've never been a supporter of beer. Tasted sweeter than Stella Artois. The dinner was quite a massive bomb and I must say I'd better be eating more at home these next few days! I shall not mention the price here just in case my parents log on and their long arms catch up with me...

Took 961 back home. Surprisingly, the journey only lasted 50 mins, similar to the MRT**.

Currently playing: Life In Mono (Alice Band Mix) by Mono "Formica Blues". Last track. Impressive album. I've liked what I heard.

*Johor Bahru
**Mass Rapid Transit. Equivalent of MTR or Underground/Tube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home