- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Saturday, October 16, 2004

I got into team!!!!

This is rather big news!! I got into the badminton team!! But probably at the end of the pecking order, as a "just-in-case" option, but then again, who cares?? I got in!!! Muahahahahahaha....

Quite a lot happened these many hours... I am now in London!! Rather rushed and last-minute but it should turn out well..

Last night I wasn't feeling like myself and even expected to lose to Roger in singles. I had played 2 matches to 17 points already. And I found myself 1-7 down very quickly. He made a few errors and soon I was 9-8 up. But in the see-saw match he surged to 14-12 but I defended the match point. That was not it. The security guard had now come to chase us away, but I couldn't be bothered with him. Not when we were neck-and-neck. I got to 14-all to force deuce, but again let him go up to 16-14 on match point. After that was some frantic play as both of us were tired. In the end I clawed back to 16-16 after he failed to finish off the shuttle. And another 2 service changes ensued before I finally got that elusive point.
After that I was buying a Ribena from the vending machine and it got stuck between the tray and the door. I got behind the machine, with Terence in front to try to tilt it. Then the security guard saw him and asked him what he was doing. So I kept on hiding behind until the guard left. He brought another guard along and they helped to push the machine. The Lucozade fell! But anyway they kept on and the Ribena finally dropped. So we got a "buy one get one free" deal.
Immediately after that we (Ho Fung and I) sang a birthday song for Terence. Too bad we'd be in London and won't be able to celebrate his birthday with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home