- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Friday, October 08, 2004

RedLeicester

A new clubbing event on Wednesdays playing '80s and '90s music. Something I had wanted to go for last week.

It was Jenny's birthday on Tues and I was contemplating what gift to get her. It happened that I brought 2 musical boxes from Sg along, but only having decided on giving one to a friend. So that leaves the other one that I could make into a gift. So I asked Ho-Fung if Mozart or Strauss was better, and he even explained the periods each composer was in, and the kind of music unique to the period and to them. In the end I decided that Mozart would make a better birthday gift and so Ho Fung got Strauss. I had some Cockburns port and also some nice red wine at the dinner, only to return to my own corridor having some party. Tracy had some frds over for some fun/games and I downed a Malibu.

The next day, we were having a farewell for Joyce who's leaving after finishing her Master's dissertation. So after paying our way into RedLeicester (at the Students' Union building), we went upstairs to the pub, Redfearn, for some drinks, before descending on the dance floor. I found the music not quite to my taste earlier on, but after ard twelve they had some of the more denceable and recognisable songs. One of the highlights was Smells Like Teen Spirit. Always a crowd favourite. Joyce was getting rather high (one drink too many?) and probably had a lot of fun. Heh.

I've brought along a small table soccer set for my corridor this year. But I am still the runaway winner. Well at least Ho Fung managed to put, like, 2 goals past me! (I scored more than ten though)..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home