正月初一
I was more or less triple-booked and so missed the Singapore Society dinner at Royal Phoenix. We came back to our corridor for some games (cue: mahjong, monopoly) and drinks, but I spent the better part of my time calling friends and family. I finally joined them at around 1am, and they promptly switched games to Monopoly (Leicester edition!). I didn't do too well, but then again I almost never ever play tha game. Finally opened the bottle of brandy I bought in Barcelona.
Had a look around the Clarendon Park and Nelson Mandela Park area today checking out houses. Seems like we don't have much choice these days... And I was in the city for a quick solitary look-around. Only managed to get some food. And I also was in Withers Sports eyeing some badminton rackets.
Came back and fulfilled a personal promise to finally cook something proper. I haven't used the frying pan to properly dish up something for a long while. And today, I decided I'd have rice (must be filling! How can you go hungry on New Year's Day?) and fish (breaded cod; put in the oven) and egg omelette (with shallots) and vegetables (chinese cabbage stir-fried in garlic). Then there was Geraldine's yoghurt too, to which I added some red and green seedless grapes. Rather sumptuous, despite the simplicity of the dishes. Simple is good. =) It feels so good cooking again... don't you feel powerful and all-controlling when you start brandishing the cooking spatula and the frying pan? The world's (culinary) future is in your hands.


1 Comments:
Hey Chee Seng! Thanks for the birthdat sms. I received it in a half-asleep state, so I forgot about it until now. Global warming is upon us! There was only ONE week of snow this whole winter. Positively depressing..though I hate it when the snow melts.
Got an exam now..gotta go!
By
Samantha, at 10:12 am
Post a Comment
<< Home