- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Book:\flight

I came across a good book sale yesterday, while out shopping for Joanne's birthday present. 3 paperbacks for £5, and I chose all of Jeffery Archer's collections. Each book had 2 of his books. I would recommend his short story collections (A Quiver Full of Arrows, A Twist in the Tale & Twelve Red Herrings) which are for the reader who has time limitations but would nevertheless like to read something. One book went to myself, since I hadn't read it, one went to Hui for her enjoyment (or torment??) and one to Ho Fung (obvious torment!). But I still need to read Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less from him.

Archer, the English MP who got done for perjury, has a new novel, Sons of Fortune, but I guess it will take me a while to even get anywhere near it. I have a few books now but I haven't even touched them yet! And there's still Da Vinci Code which I now have.

I need to get my hands on the Bunny Suicides II. (Need some inspiration! Haha!)

And then Ann Summers returned nothing interesting; so was Bhs. A few other random shops, before I finally decided on what type of gift to get her. How I miss Intimissimo in Italy!! (muahahaha)

Been snooping around the Net for some travel information too. Sent home a super long email detailing my tentative plans for the summer which include a few grandiose ideas like going to Australia, Hongkong, China and maybe even Bangkok. Or Batam too. Hehheh. And maybe Warsaw or Egypt or Turkey. Have a look at JetStarAsia for good prices to HKG. Flights are still looking to be a bit problematic for returning to Sg directly, but I have a few secret plans (hehhehheh) up my sleeve so we'll see how everything goes! Oh, how I need money... =P

2 Comments:

  • let me see if i can think of any... nah, most of the repetative and hard to describe.. i think i remember one.. order a load of harry potter books by mail and put you head under the mail box. when the books come, it'll just crush your head...

    By Blogger Ken Rhee, at 3:59 am  

  • haha.. i think i shall just buy that book....

    By Blogger cheez~, at 8:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home