(no)Body Clock
Work at the bar last night was fun as usual, and I slept at 5 again. Only thing is, I overslept this time, and it's another fortuitous moment when Jenny left her file at home and called me to ask me for help in bringing it out. Bingo! I jumped out of bed and onto my bike (after a rushed preparation). Was (as usual) the last person on time at the lecture.
My alarm clocks seem to be giving up on me. First the nice metallic green Mobil one conked out (only the ringing bit) a year ago. that's when I bought the orange and yellow set-of-2 (one is now with Firman) from a pound shop. Then I found it didn't ring that day but I had set my handphone too. But 12 hours later it rang, though it was an ANALOGUE clock! (as opposed to digital)... and it was to soft (ok, that's the battery's problem). Then Jackie had given me a digital one but its operation is more complicated and I didn't hear it working even though I had set it 2 days ago.
Looks like handphones are the nouveau alarms. Spot on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home