- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

EUR2 - Scottyland, Czechrep & Ooosterrreich.

Dear readers,

I shall be heading up north on a 4am train (finally get to see British sunrise) to Glasgow for some haggis, neeps, tatties, fried Mars bars, the works. Will be meeting Deng Hui at Crewe when we both change trains. Fort William to the foothills of Britain's highest mountain, Ben Nevis (although won't be climbing), Glenfinnan (for all the Harry Potter fans, you know that railway viaduct... I am not a fan, but I still want to see it for all its glory), Loch Ness (good ol' monyitter here I come), Inverness (we're gonna stay right below the castle! Reminds me of the time at Castle Rock Hostel in Edinburgh which really rocks - view of the castle from my 15quid a night hostel room), Isle of Skye (day trip), Edinburgh. This time I am going to climb Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh, and plonk myself there, as long as the weather permits (some rain forecast). Also will visit The Real Mary King's Close, a previously-forgotten 17th century street hidden underneath the Golden Mile.
Next stop: magnificent, rustic Prague. Oozing East European charm, will certainly remind me a bit of Berlin. When I had some pasta with Koko in the Gusto Cafe place, Vietnamese food for another dinner, The Story of Berlin with its underground nuclear bunker. I should really go through all my old travel pics. Don't think I have done enough justice taking them and then almost forgetting about them.
After Prague I will take the Eurolines bus service to another Bohemian destination - Vienna. Apparently it is very impressive and will take at least 3 days to explore/appreciate, before I leave for my final destination, Salzburg, famous for anything related to Mozart, and The Sound of Music. I'd love to feast on his balls again (Mozartkugel).
It's always the future. I think I look too much at the present and future nowadays, with work limiting the time I have at home...

2 Comments:

  • goodness. sounds like so much fun.
    i'll meet u there in due time. just you wait. we'll explore europe like we walked around geyland. only walk around to other viewers of this blog. you know, just... walk.

    next sunday i'm gonna drop by at your parents' place before i leave. want to leave a message for them?

    By Blogger Dee, at 6:32 pm  

  • have a look at the salt mines near salzburg (that's where the city's name from). quite worth going!

    By Blogger Joe Gillis, at 3:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home