- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Monday, May 21, 2007

CHIC.AGO

Chicago wasn't too bad, lots of slightly-older-than-young ladies in skimpy clothes and fishnet dressing. Competent singing but I felt Les Miserables beat them quite easily in all departments. Except the flesh bit.
I enjoyed the "Classy" song most, as well as the "things are not what they seem" bit when *gasp* *shock* *horror* the (I call her Welsh) journalist turns out to be....... someone else (not telling you!).

Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart. I know there was a major movie release featuring Catherine Zeta Jones (Welsh!) and Renee Zellweger but I haven't watched it. Having seen the original I can now go on to catch that (though I probably will never), much the same case as Lord of the Rings, which was all the craze but I haven't even read the trilogy I have nor watched any movie in the series in its entirety.

Probably the best thing Leicester did for me was to provide me with the (still valid) library card with which I use as proof of my "student status" - don't you just love 5 quid Student Standby tickets! The performance at the New Theatre Cardiff is the first one in Cardiff on Chicago's UK tour. Bravo.

Taking my leave to work on that little presentation for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home