the long walk.... ... .. .
Next we decided to walk to Fort Canning, where I have not gone despite being in Singapore for half my life. Had a look-around at the spice garden, then we headed for the summit, and Clarke Quay. At Liang Court, which used to be a rather regular haunt for my family all those years ago, I found a large clothes/etc shop called "Decks". The clothes there are quite good, with some very nice prices to boot. So I ended up getting another t-shirt. But this one's brown! I don't have a brown one currently. That Mizuno t-shirt I saw in Johor last year was the closest a brown t-shirt got to belonging to me. Ok, that probably means the new sleeveless t-shirt will be pushed to next year. I had Mac's Filet-O-Fish Meal for tea-break.
We snooped around the Clarke Quay area looking for a nice tie and presents for friends. Also found an anime shop but they don't have Evangelion Movie 2 (The End of Evangelion)!! Then we walked along the Singapore River. I haven't done that in ages, too! Nice view of the river. I think I better find some time in Leics to walk the River Soar too, instead of just cycling there in the day.
We then proceeded to venture towards Raffles Place mrt from the Chinatown area, but in the end when I thought we were near to Lau Pa Sat we probably made a wrong turn and ended up heading towards Chinatown.. So we decided on Han's at Great Eastern Tower where I had an oily black pepper chicken chop with soup of the day, a glass of orange juice, and a slice of watermelon. We chatted till they switched off the lights to our tables (ard 10.20pm). That was the cue for us to head for Outram Park mrt. On the way, we came across many stalls selling pomelos, and I decided to get one since I'd be leaving soon. Was really nice of her to walk for such a long distance... hope her tired legs will be well-rested in her one week break. Heh while she exercises her brain at the study table. Next year, it shall be the sunrise at East Coast Park.
There's sooo much I have to pack... hopefully can start tomorrow... arrgh...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home