Pressies b4 I leave!! Utada's NEW album reviewed
Also met up with Tai Hang, and I went to take this "antioxidant-level" test. If your score is above 40000, that's the highest category ("most" healthy). I got 46000, and I don't take any supplements, be it new-or-old-fangled. A1!! Distinction!! Heh. Heh. Next up was pool. This time I played a rather crap game with occasional flashes of brilliance, but i think i won in the end because of my longer experience in playing it... just a bit steadier than him. But one of his "specialties", the put-stick-down-and-hit-and-ball-flies-in shot, is really impressive. I always have to aim first.
Also met my dear meimei* Cynthia finally! Managed to pass her her present which I had lugged all the way from UK. But she's so busy we only met for like... ten minutes??
Utada Hikaru's new album <Exodus> is out!!! I had a listen to it at HMV, up till track 11 (there are 14), but the sounds are really experimental and I don't quite recommend it this time round. Maybe I should listen to it a few times more first. But Kremlin Dusk (10) is impressive. And long (for your enjoyment!). And it's released by Island Records. When did she jump ship? I also listened to a British band called gravenhurst. It's in a very different packing. No plastic CD case. They play really slow soft rock. <flashlight seasons>. Noteworthy are track8: damage II and 10: hopechapel hill.
After that, Beilin finally arrived with Daniel... that's when we went on to Brewerks for dinner and beer. Not bad, that in-house beer. Un-bitter. But Chang Beer is also nice. I had that at Kuan Min's hse that time when the whole bunch of them came. We went on to walk along the Singapore River for the night view and the "dragon" and decorative lanterns set up for the Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋节). Covered quite a lot of ground today too. Got back late and missed the Korean drama on tv, Summer Scent.
* 妹妹, duh!


1 Comments:
Okashi deshou? I thought they taste disgusting... but yah, most people like them so I'm the minority.
Utada didn't jump ship! My friend was commenting on that as well. She's still with Toshiba-EMI, but because [Exodus] is a US release, so it's under Island Records instead. Oh, and I didn't really like the sounds on that album either... --shiyun
By
Anonymous, at 8:21 am
Post a Comment
<< Home