- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Arrgh Arrgh!!

Still haven't finished with unpacking.

This year's been much more eventful.
First was that flight fiasco. Then the handphone incident. Next up was the in-room telephone.
Now it's the spoilt subwoofer. Heh. time for a new one, then!

Details: That knob on my Altec Lansing subwoofer to adjust the bass level has sunken into the casing. Could be a consequence of the packing/storage/transport. Might have been left upright for 3 months sort of thing.. So anyway it turns out the knob leads directly to a rheostat/potentiometer and that being mounted on a PCB, had bent and broken. Non-serviceable, I conclude. I even took out the super-tight screws to check on the insides. Didn't tighten them fully when I replaced them.
Now I don't have bass. Arrgh. Will be thinking of a replacement soon. Might send Jonathan round to my place this december to collect stuff again. Haha.. or I might get it sent to me thru another frd. A similar set (newer model) costs $35.

In the meantime I'll be enjoying bassless music. Shiok, sia...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home