- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Monday, March 21, 2005

Inter-Uni Quiz

(Sat & Sun)

Sepet won a major international award!!

Okay I went off to Warwick after sleeping 4 hours for a Malaysian Inter-Uni Quiz there. The careers exhibition was informative with lots of freebies. I didn't even know they had Graduan, a job/careers magazine for Malaysian graduates. The quiz was quite a fun activity, but we lost to Lancaster, the eventual winners. Unfortunately for us, the set of questions we had didn't really cater to us. Eg I got an individual qn (MCQ): "What does J.K. in J.K Rowling stand for?" Who the hell would know! I am NOT a supporter of Harry Potter.. sorry. I would have gladly answered the earlier round's question: "Which of these books were not written by Ernest Hemingway?"*

We took heart that we scored 145 points, the equivalent of the winning team in the 3rd preliminary round. Winners from each of the 3 prelim rounds faced off in the final round. We had lost far too many points in the 1st part where questions were worth 20 points each.

We returned to feast at Maryland Chicken for supper.. I had a sumptuous meal of 2 pc chicken, 2 drumlets and fries.

Sunday saw me finally stepping onto the Victoria Park turf once again for some ball-handling exercises. I played football with some Middle-Easterners (2 are my coursemates), Malaysians blah-blah-blah and later some Singaporeans. I should have scored when I broke free but hesitated cos they were saying that the ball was out. Which was not, as the guy I beat on the touchline conceded, but I dilly-dallied too much and shot wide in the end.

Oh, I also drove after a lapse of 21 months (auto is soooo easy to drive). Hooray! Now I have renewed confidence to go and rent a car for the weekend and just drive around. Yee-har!**

* For your info, he wrote The Old Man and The Sea, A Farewell to Arms and The Sun Also Rises
** But only after I turn 21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home