- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Friday, June 17, 2005

Chevrolet!!

My "first" car is a Chevrolet (sounds damn high-class right)! Actually it's Daewoo but it's been taken over by the large conglomerate. Daewoo Matiz. Only £6095 for the new Chevrolet Matiz, it is probably the cheapest car to run in the UK, with 3 yrs' free servicing, Group 1 insurance, lowest annual excise duty and running very efficiently on 67 miles per gallon. Solid review here.

I think the one I got hold of is the Matiz 1.0SE which means I get a max speed of around 96miles per hour (more than enough!!) and air conditioning (for SE it's optional)!!!! Wooohoo! Many UK cars (esp the older ones) don't have air conditioning. In fact, the car may be the Matiz SX which has air-conditioning built-in. And I think it has got a cd changer as well. And despite being a small car, it definitely makes prudent use of space, cos it's 4 doors (as opposed to some small cars with 2 doors), and doesn't look cramped. Could be a choice for me in the future if I start earning enough and other factors point to financing a car.

Enterprise-Rent-A-Car is really cheap. 3 day weekend deal (Fri-Mon) only costs £36 in all (but of course with a £150 deposit and also £500 excess for insurance). But fingers crossed I will not drive badly and will keep that excess. In any case, I rejected paying extra £9.99 per day to lower the excess to £100. No point, I say, cos I am gonna be a safe driver. Drive on!

2 Comments:

  • harlow.. post pictures of the cars.. dunno what u r talking about =(

    Cynthia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 am  

  • oops.. my mistake.. I didn;t realise there's a link,.... ooo.. how blur

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home