- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Monday, July 04, 2005

snoooooker

Played snooker for the second time in my life this time. And it was quite a blast. Riley's was open 24 hours and we had the tables at half price since we were new members. In the end we played from before 11pm to around 4.30am, and I got a record 102 against Terence (who somehow couldn't cue straight). Joe's vast array of fluke shots got him a win on the final ball against me who couldn't believe his luck. Snooker is quite a difficult game to play and it's easy to miss even "simple" pots. I missed the easy 7-pointer black ball at least on 4 occasions after potting the red. I also gave away a game to Roger, again on the last ball with the 'rubbishest' of misses. Ho Fung and I played 3 games with all of them being very close. And we made very few mistakes on the balls so the scores were nowhere near even my opening 82.

Onwards to badminton... I've been playing it at least twice a week and this past week has been no exception, even if I had to help 8 people move house. Perennial nemesis Roger has yet to get the better of me for like I think 2 months and it was no different when he endeavoured to with the feathers on Saturday. He was too sluggish and a simple smash onto the sides or a short cross-net return (yay,yay) normally did it for me. But he surprisingly has beaten Jackie very recently, whom I haven't been beating since that 15-6 in Birmingham months ago. The latest I came was another excruciating 15-17 defeat. I will be looking to force deuce on Jackie soon. Perhaps tomorrow. The other day I successfully did the difficult backhand underarm return again. And won that point against Roger too. Haaaa... Oh, and a return between the legs in the doubles too... hand was too slow in coming forward mah..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home