All the good food, the fine weather (yeah right, hot like sh*t), the excellent company...
Already met Chris, Jackie, Andy, and eaten durian, played badminton (now I am beginning to think my RSI-afflicted wrist is also aggravated by badminton), pool (lost 4-8 in the supposed best of 19 frames).
Went to Johor to shop for new year goodies (more to come tomorrow at Chinatown), and planning to get my hair trimmed by my in-house barber (MUM!!) and also tried the "best chicken chop in Johor". at It Roo Cafe. Paid respects to my grandma and found out they restring rackets for a fiver in Johor with my own strings! Cheap!!!!
Badminton with Jackie wasn't bad; I overturned a deficit in the 1st set to take it 15-12, then waltzed through the second 15-4, but the third was particularly windy (then it started pouring rain outside) and I was not able to hit the shuttle properly. Jackie, the one with the betetr technique, easily whacked me like 15-6 and then 15-3. The final set was supposed to be the clincher, and it was all the way down to the wire. We agreed on an extended deuce after drawing level at 14-14 and 16-16. However I was too darn tired (Sg is bloody hot okay!) and dropped both (poor drop shot into the net) and lost 16-18. Will need to catch him for a meal again the next time as it was a bit rushed that day.
It was raining very heavily today in Johor Bahru (near tebrau) and we decided not to wait at the bus stop with our umbrellas and get lashed by the rain even more so we went for an early dinner instead. It wasn't too bad, but I had munched down 3 pieces of banana cake before that so I wasn't particularly hungry.
I'm still looking for my "Kotaraya" satay and "Ngo Dei Yau Wai" wantan mee. And cendol.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home