all about trips now
Since the long company break has been confirmed I have been busy looking at rescheduling some of my original trip plans and seeing how I can oganise things around the dates that I have already fixed.
It now looks likely that I will be going first to Austria, then back to the UK, then off to Norway and Netherlands. However whether I will fly into Salzburg or Bratislava (Slovakia) remains to be seen. Time is tight and I either take a 3h+ ride to Vienna from Salzburg costing around 40 Euros, or I pay an extra 40 pounds and fly into Bratislava and tour that capital before going to Vienna (which should take only around an hour).
In the news, Manchester United took a massive step towards winning the English Premier League with a come-from-behind victory at Everton while Chelsea missed their second opportunity in a week to close the gap. In fact, they slipped up further when they were held by a gritty Bolton, and as long as Manchester United don't lose to West Ham (and especially Chelsea) they are safe. In actual fact I don't even think Chelsea will come close in the end. However the situation in Europe is evolving as well and I believe that Man Utd will be meeting Chelsea 3 times at the end of the season: once for the league, once in the FA Cup final and once in the Chamion League final. It would be a big waste if they won the first two and lost the last one, which is arguably the hardest to attain, so concentration is key...
More sports - it's the Snooker World Championships again, and I thought for a while about heading to Sheffield to watch another semifinal game but don't think I will make it this time...
Working life takes quite a lot out of you; during working hours it's hard to settle anything official, from going to the bank to enquiring about a service. Everything has to be left on a saturday and some government departments don't even work saturdays (or should I say all?).
I just found out that a friend of mine knows the brother of another friend of mine, whom I also know - small world!
I think I need to go out more. Given that I still don't tidy my room when I have the chance. And the driving theory book is still lying there in the heap gathering dust.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home