- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Change

It was a rather gloomy day as my section head walked out of the office for the last time. It's a bit surreal to see someone go, but I guess it's the inevitability of it all that one wonders about. Then when it happens, and the day arrives, you suddenly find that you haven't spent enough time doing things right.

It's happened to me numerous times. When one moves on, there's always so much unfinished business. Be it due to time pressures or laziness or a lack of proper planning, there's no one explanation for that. I think no matter how well you plan something, you are bound to miss out one or two things. I think he tried to to a lot in his final week but in the end got most things half done, which is better than none. At least he tried his best to support us, and worked till almost the last minute, and then left on time on a Friday afternoon.

A very brilliant guy, unassuming at first but knowledgeable, approachable and ultimately very shrewd and adept at handling the situation. He'd be well missed.

Sometimes I wonder how my last day would turn out... there are various possibilities; the paths countless to take. How would you know what decision to choose at the right times? If you did, you'd be a rich man. I was talking about investments to my company pension advisor the other day and I didn't feel he was letting on much about his powers of decision when it came to discussing how to choose or appraise an investment fund. Looks like I have to "Look East" again by calling Dad up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home