Forgot to mention this, I saw 3 movies on the flight to Hongkong, but only one on the way back cos I was unwell and tired. However, that was the best of the lot, and it was Perhaps Love (如果·爱), a 2005 release. Having not known its plot nor cinematic style, I was pleasantly surprised by the musical scenes in the movie. The story itself was rather complicated, but Zhou Xun carried off her character well with very emotic scenes. Takeshi Kaneshiro also excelled at displaying his wretched mental state, and Jacky Cheung made for very compelling singing. I particularly liked the times when the actors showcased the musical they were making. It is so rare to find a musical in mandarin, with a complicated plot to portray, like this one's. But this wasn't a musical. It was a musical-within-a-movie. Quite classy stuff from the east I must say.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home