- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm all for crastination but...

So I looked at what I planned to do for the week, and looked at how I wasted the time, and I told myself I'd go for that job this week. I still haven't done so, and it's Thursday. Had a bittersweet session of badminton today, winning the last one (mixed vs mens doubles) 17-16 and I was smashing quite well. obviously I was mainly at the back and doing all the jump smashes but ideally I don't want to jump. Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to cover as much ground if I had not taken to jumping. Obviously jumping may put me off-balance either mid-jump or on landing, and can be a dangerous thing to do if the opposition attacks the shuttle better than my opponents did today. Now looking for my lost overhead smash and the backhand moves.

Came back to my 3/4-eaten dinner of rice and vege and yesterday's hot 'n' spicy chicken wings, and now I have taken to a microwaveable chicken burger with my own cheese added (instant burger). Did I tell you Iceland's microwaveable kebab is quite good? I was in Lidl the other day and bought the kebab as well - gonna see which is better for almost the same price.

Yesterday's project concluding presentation was quite well-received. The Director* (oh actually it was Test Section Head as the Director had another appointment to go to midway through the session) had good words for all of us so I have been left wondering how successful our projects are actually seen as, as well as how successful each of us have been in general.

*but he did come up to me 2 weeks before complimenting me on the presentation of my process change plan which came up against the various directors/senior managers. Sad to say the change was not approved and I have to get more done before going back to them - but it's not reallt my fault. Another group wasn't really participative!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home