- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Monday, May 14, 2007

EPL finishes..

Manchester United has won the Premier League after a lapse of 3 years... timely indeed. However it was a waste they fell terribly at the semifinal stage of the Champions League. Next season, I guess. It was a terrible waste for Reading, the likes of Kevin Doyle, Leroy Lita and Seol Ki-Hyeon failing to get into Europe by not winning their final game. Also West Ham, touted as a top-six challenger, scraped through on the final day after winning at Man Utd. They had to win at last 3 of the last 4, and they won all four to fulfil their early-season promise. Obviously a lot was expected of Dean Ashton who subsequently got injured. Elsewhere Arsenal were pipped by Liverpool to into fourth place after a series of disappointing results, and Tottenham finished top of "the other league", in fifth place since no one can catch the top four! Charlton who were impressive last season was relegated and they look set to lose quite a few names like the Bent duo of Darren and Marcus, El Karkouri and Zheng Zhi, to name a few.

Lee Chong Wei has risen back to his old dizzying heights by beating second-seeded Bao Chunlai in the Indonesian Open, becoming only the second Malaysian to triumph there after Yong Hock Kin's exploits a long time ago (ok, maybe not that long ago). His return to form couldd not have come in a more clinical fashion. Let's hope he continues with the consistency. Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari-Mohd Zaky Latif reached their first final in their third tournament together but could not muster enough experience against the top-ranked Chinese pair of Fu and Cai (whom Koo Kien Kiet and Tan Boon Heong famously beat a few times earlier this year). It's a good sign for Malaysian badminton nevertheless.

Some Collective Soul for you:

"Run"

Are these times contagious
I've never been this bored before
Is this the prize I've waited for
Now as the hours passing
There's nothing left here to mature
I long to find a messenger

Have I got a long way to run [x2]
Yeah, I run [x2]

Is there a cure among us
From this processed sanity
I weaken with each voice that sings
Now in this world of purchase
I'm going to buy back memories
To awaken some old qualities

Have I got a long way to run [x2]
Have I got a long way to run [x2]
Yeah, I run [x2]
Have I got a long way to run [x2]
Yeah, I run [x4]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home