- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Sunday, February 13, 2005

injury

Had another game of football today. But I got hit by a late tackle. As I skipped in front of the goalkeeper, I stuck out my leg to poke the ball forwards. He tried to clear it, but I was too fast and he connected with the right side of my right ankle instead. Now my ankle is a little sprained. When I removed my socks, I realised that the skin had also been damaged! Had a little bit of blood beneath the skin too. And he didn't even apologise. Manners, man...

I've never sprained my right ankle. The left one has been injured twice, but never so badly that I had to walk with assistance. It didn't help that the ground was soft and slippery. The ground moves when you turn! That's how I fell once, when I got tackled, and slipped with him. But I gave a good account of myself in ball-control, if the finishing was poor. I only scored twice when I should have put a few more in. But I am glad I could go up and also defend, the free role in midfield that is my favourite. That's why Jackie/Paul/Carl call me Keane.*

I still intend to play badminton later. Wish me luck.

* the Man Utd captain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home